£40,000 - £45,000
Specialists in Gearboxes, Motors and Drives
• This is a mechatronic Technical/Sales support position to provide technical in depth support for their electric motors, gearboxes, and frequency inverters.
• Responsible for supporting UK internal/external sales team technically with drive calculation/ selection for new applications
• Support for existing customer business where technical issues arise in the field once in operation.
• Although a UK position, both these aspects will require close working relationship with appropriate departments within their parent company.
• To help develop and grow sales of mechanical product range to existing and new customers through offering technically sound and cost-effective solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
• To help identify new sales prospects, introduce the company and its products and to develop new sales with these prospects
• Assist with sales presentations, evaluate customer needs, provide innovative company offerings, oversee customer evaluations, provide post sale support.
• Work to help achieve monthly sales targets and profitability as set by the company
• Manage any after sales issues with customers and co-ordinate any site activities to ensure resolution of any customer technical issues
• To occasionally provide internal support in sales office when and if required
• Provide technical training for external & internal sales staff
• Provide key product and marketing input
• To provide market feedback to GBN engineering teams
• Use Customer Relationship Management tool to maintain call plans, reports etc.
• Any other reasonable task as requested by the Managing Director, for the fulfilment of the job and according to the needs of the business
• Actively follow company policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations
• As duties and responsibilities change, this job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the post holder
• Independently support customer
• Ability to travel 25-30%
• Minimum ONC/HNC or equivalent
• Preferred Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Understands OEM market for gears and associated equipment
• Technically competent to manage customer pre and post-sale needs
• Computer literate with Microsoft products, Outlook, Dynamics CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Working use of SAP would be beneficial but not essential
• Knowledge of the company product range would be beneficial
• Computer literate
• Full driving licence
Contact Anna Gale: