£35k – £40k dep on exp + overtime + company vehicle
Due to continued expansion a vacancy has arisen for a dedicated and conscientious Service & Commissioning Engineer to join their team. The role will involve planned maintenance and service of both fixed and portable gas detection instruments, together with service call outs and commissioning of fixed detection systems.
This represents a great opportunity within a successful, growing company for a candidate looking to develop their career within a focused but friendly team.
• As an experienced Gas Detection engineer, duties will be varied and include, but not be limited to:
• The provision of fixed and portable gas detection equipment.
• On site calibration, service, maintenance and repair of fixed and portable gas detection.
• Site surveys and consultation.
• Full package installation.
• Upgrading and replacement of existing facilities.
• Tailor made, site specific, calibration reports.
• 24 hour technical support.
• Fixed and portable gas detection familiarisation and user training
• You will have a minimum of 3 years industry experience in a similar role, with a sound knowledge and understanding of major gas detection brands, including MSA, Drager, BW and Crowcon.
• A thorough knowledge of calibration, servicing, commissioning, client handover & report presentation for a variety of Gas Detection systems.
• Ability to apply fault finding techniques and other skills to a broad range of products
• CSCS/ECS Card or equivalent
• Full UK Driver’s License
• Call-out Rota (Low volume, contract customers only)
• Competent in working with IT equipment and various software – Microsoft Office, CRM systems and web based systems
• Excellent Communication Skills – Be able to communicate in writing and verbally clearly and confidently
• Commercial Awareness – Understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation
• Initiative & Self-motivation – Able to act on initiative, identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions
• Flexibility – Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
• Time Management – Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
Contact Anna Gale: