Instrumentation specialist for environmental and emission monitoring
• Coordinate and take responsibility for all internal and external technical support, training, and service activities.
• Provide technical support and training directly to customers and partners.
• Perform service visits locally and internationally.
• Plan, manage, and coordinate all aspects of technical support activity. Work with other key staff to develop systems, policies, and procedures to deliver high quality support in an effective manner.
• Provide technical support (first and second line) directly to local and international customers and partners, from the office, via email, webcam, and phone. Support includes providing advice on installation, integration, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and fault diagnosis / resolution.
• Administer, manage, and coordinate the existing RMA (returns) system. Liaise with customers and relevant internal team members to ensure that RMA goods are received, assessed, diagnosed, remedied, and returned efficiently and in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
• Perform (occasionally) test, assessment, and diagnosis of goods returned under RMA.
• Plan, manage, and coordinate all aspects of technical training activity. Work with other key staff to develop materials, resources, and activities to deliver high quality product training in an effective manner.
• Provide technical product training to customers locally (in the office), remotely (via video link), and occasionally internationally (onsite or at a training event).
• Generate and maintain technical support and training resources, such as common fault / solution notes, training programmes, technical presentations / videos, etc.
• Plan, manage, and coordinate any service visit activity. Liaise with customers and relevant internal team members to ensure that service visits are organised, executed, and reported upon to the satisfaction of all parties.
• Perform occasional service visits in the UK and around the world to assist customers with commissioning, maintenance, and fault diagnosis / resolution of installed products onsite or at customer premises. Tunnel service visits are usually performed during overnight tunnel closures.
• Generate and maintain necessary documentation to support service visits, such as risk assessments, method statements, and service visit reports.
• Undertake training and maintain the necessary standards and qualifications to meet customer requirements for site attendance.
• Existing experience working with measurement instrumentation at a technical level, including calibration, fault-finding, service, repair and test.
• A scientific / engineering mind, with an interest in, or knowledge of, the basic principles of physics and electronics.
• An analytical mind that can determine cause an effect through a logical process of elimination.
• The ability and desire to introduce and follow procedure in a systematic manner.
• A high level of computer literacy; familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint in particular).
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a particular keenness for technical detail.
• A confident and positive manner in face to face communication.
• Willingness to travel, worldwide, for on-site customer support, when required.
• Self-motivation; self-reliance; and an ability to work independently.
Contact Anna Gale: