• Identify and contact new business opportunities in the UK automation markets
• Support efforts to maintain current business within the existing customer base
• Working towards visiting and supporting regional UK based customers – inc. regular (monthly) 2-5 day visit in a geographic area such as NW or NE England, Scotland & Ireland
• Liaise on technical issues with Netherlands and German based technical support teams – possible basic technical support for the company’s range of Automation Devices with the aim of providing suggested solutions to customers automation requirements
• Arrange and support sales and promotional activities – inc. exhibitions, on-site customer presentations and on-site customer technical days
• Attend meetings and workshops at local and international level
• Typically qualified to City & Guilds IVQ Technician Diploma, IVQ Advanced Diploma, BTEC National Certificate/Diploma, ONC or OND in Electronics with relevant industry background knowledge in absence of a formal qualification.
• You are likely to already have experience in either internal or external role for a small/medium manufacturing or distribution company and possess proven customer service skills.
• You have the ability to make pragmatic and valuable decisions and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures.
• You can demonstrate good communication and organisational skills and have a high level of computer literacy.
Contact Anna Gale: