£Neg dep on exp
• To operate screen printing presses to provide quality garments while achieving production targets and following company policies.
• Responsible for managing the operation and the running of their allocated print press
• Supervising print assistants, ensuring the completion of their daily tasks
• Adhering to and monitoring implemented systems to ensure the smooth operation of the department and the communication of suggested improvements to the department manager
• Reading and interpreting production documentation including sales orders, print design sheets, and production schedules
• Ensuring the competition of all production documentation after the completion of each job
• Monitoring production counts in relation to order requirements and reporting any excess or shortages to the print department manager
• Reporting of all suspected spoils or substandard products to the print department manager for assessment
• Assessment of all mixed textile inks and confirmation of acceptable colour match to customer colour references
• Ensuring all jobs are signed off with the Leading Hand/Manager prior to commencing production
• Examining and monitoring one’s own work during production to ensure all processed goods meet the same standard as the product signed off by the print department manager
• Ensuring all issued protective clothing is worn, when necessary at all stages of the production process
• Regularly checking protective clothing & masks etc. for effectiveness and reporting of any defective items to the print manager
• Maintaining and Servicing equipment following maintenance and service schedule
• Reporting of all faults/problems with equipment to supervisor/manager
• Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy
• Ensuring all fire routes and exits in the area are kept clear and free from obstruction
• Ensuring all work-related issues/concerns are raised with the department manager
• Undertake any reasonable task given.
• Dropping into other departments and completing reasonable requests from the production manager. (Cleaning room duties include cleaning Screens, making Screens ready for printing production, packing garments ready for despatch, and despatching of finished goods. etc.)
• Liaise between departments to make sure production needs are met.
• Training others when called upon.
• Working towards and communicating continuous improvements in areas of work.
• Actively working in teams to generate the required performances.
• Target driven to enable production targets to be met and surpassed.
• Flexible in learning and tasks.
• Able to work within teams effectively but can work alone if the need is there.
• Able to communicate verbally, by email and by telephone between departments.
• Able to stay standing and move consistently throughout the day due to the nature of the role.
• Be able to problem solve and break down issues logically.
• Be able to work under pressure due to tight timelines and production needs based on the nature of the business.
• Able to understand basic computer systems.